Well, I expect Emma’s Story back from my final Beta Reader any day now, and then I should be able to put out a firm release date! After implementing any necessary changes, I will be ordering a proof for a final read through before its release. In the meantime, I will be taking a break from any major writing, in order to get some things completed before NaNoWriMo 2014. I will continue writing but without any major goals, in order to keep creative juices flowing, so that I don’t run into writer’s block come November!
There are a number of “No Good” items that I would like to complete before November.
1. Finish this Harry Potter marathon we have going at our house right now. I think I can safely say that will be completed this weekend. We rock.
2. Organize our school room and get everything set up for the new school year. I have a new bulletin board to hang and decorate, a computer to set up, and all kinds of things to organize.
3. Get my kids off to a bang-up start to their new school year. I will have a HS Freshman, a third grader, and a kindergartener, as well as two children turning 3 by Christmas.
4. Organize my office. Every year around this time, I overhaul it, and every year around the holidays it starts to get into a shambles again, because a lot of present hiding and wrapping and project planning goes on up there.
5. Play the piano more. Before Emma and an extremely busy summer took over my life, my teacher and I were working on a duet, which I’d like to complete and play with her in a service at some point. Besides I just miss playing, since I haven’t done much of it in the last couple of months.
6. Take advantage of the fall weather as soon as it hits and for as long as possible before the bitter cold comes. Fall is my favorite season! We haven’t gotten out and about as much as I usually like to do in the summer, mainly because the days have either been as hot as blazes, or it’s been raining. We also haven’t been able to set up our pool, because we’ve spent the summer doing major yard overhaul and had no place to put it. We’ve had a few perfect weather days, and we’ve tried to spend a lot of time outside during those days, but they have been few and far between.
I’m sure other things will come to mind, but those are the main things at the forefront of my list right now. We will plan to begin Monday with #2, and see how far we can get in the next week!
Until then… Mischief Managed.