I am, admittedly, a lover of lists. However, I’m sure they somewhat annoy some people, and might be rather humdrum to read in a blog post. So I try not to use them very often (if you’ve been following me since this blog’s conception, you will notice I have yet to use a list in a blog post in 75-ish posts).
Still, with as much as I have going on right now, a list is in order. If you’re interested in my current progress, you’ll probably find it more helpful to follow than paragraphs anyway!
- Lies That Bind: Emma’s Story I am nearly done with the first draft, but this doesn’t mean much. I already know several sections that will need to be heavily edited and/or have a significant amount of content added. Still, it’s a good feeling, and having been through the novel completion stage once, I feel the second time around will be much more productive and efficient.
- Contemplations This is a book of poetry I am composing together with another writer (you can view his blog at Universe Under the Willow) I plan to have this collection completed and published by the end of July, because I am planning to give away a certain number of free copies with purchases of Lies That Bind: Kaedyn’s Story at my book signing. (So if you’re local and thinking about coming, more incentive there for you!)
- Family This is the working title of the children’s chapter book I wrote several years ago and recently “dug up.” The manuscript is completed, and I am finishing up the first round of edits. Next up – a printed copy for the second round of edits!
- Business Cards Do any of my fellow writers have these? I never thought much about it until my book signing got scheduled. Then I realized I wanted something I could put in the hands of everyone who walked by the table, whether they decide to buy the book or not. Of course, what do you do with most business cards? Probably what I do – toss them! BUT if you’re a reader (and if you’re in the library, let’s face it, you are probably a reader), would you toss a free bookmark? I’m hoping not. Because my business cards are going to be – you guessed it – bookmarks!
- The Newsletter I’m fairly certain that the up-front part of this project is the most time consuming, and that going forward it will be something that can be part of a monthly routine. Speaking of which, if you haven’t signed up to receive my Newsletter yet, what are you waiting for? “I’m following your blog!” you say. “What more do I need?” you think. More! You need much more! The info above, about my upcoming works? Those are things you would normally find out about FIRST in my newsletter – and often with exclusive secret content that you won’t find on my blog. And what about extra stuff, like stories or discount codes? You’re going to want those things too! Ever thought about other Indie authors who might have fabulous works out there you haven’t read yet? You’re going to want to hear about those. Interested? You can sign up here (or on the main page of my website).
- Reading I’m reading a few things, for a few reasons. I LOVE to read. So I’m reading a few things for pleasure (and because I think reading helps with writing). I’m also reading the work of a fellow Indie author, and beta reading a piece for another fellow writer. I’m a slow reader, so even though I love to read and intentionally read a few things a time, it takes up a lot of time for me. Usually sleeping time, since the rest of my time is taken up by [see above and below].
These are the main things that are consuming my (writing) life right now. Then there are my five mini-Me’s, who also take up a considerable amount (read: the majority) of my daily time (and I love it, I might add). One of them also takes up a considerable amount of my nightly time, as he isn’t always very much into the “sleeping” part of the night.
Once I get through two of the three publications on my desk, I hope things settle down here, at least for a little while. Then it will be the third publication and probably another first draft of the next publication.
I love the writer’s life!